Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Doing laundry before class.

Today I had my first radio show of the new semester, its called A Rude Awakening. The show went really well, forgot a few things, but they came back pretty quick. Played some great music: TPC, Belles of Skin City, Radiohead, Fugazi, and some Pixies. I missed having access to that much music, it's quite nice, usually I can get a bunch of new music but today there wasn't much new. I got two new Cd's and plan on getting a bunch more this semester. Also, it's one of my goals to listen to music more, like really listen to it. Last semester I listened to music between classes and when I went to bed, but it was only like 5-10 minutes of music. I want to remember certain songs that I like and have more opinions about the music. I usually just have background music, but I want to listen listen to it.
One thing over winter break I didn't do nearly enough was go to live shows. I just really didn't see anything that looked to interesting to see. And I hurt my back and had my wisdom teeth out within a week of each other. It was an interesting week.

So, I brought my amp up to college and I am pumped to start using it, but it's a bit too loud to play too much with my room mate and others around. So I decided, with other reasons, to buy a recoding interface. Basically it goes: Guitar>>Amp>>Interface>>Laptop. This lets me record things on my computer and would let my band record ourselves with drums and stuff. I am trying to find one on eBay for cheap, and haven't been successful yet. Because I had to use my debit card over break for things like Christmas shopping and new tires, I only had 74.60 dollars on it. It was a good thing I lost the first two biddings, because I didn't have the money, but I got outbid last second last night. How is it possible to bid 2 seconds before it ends, thats crazy. But I just put in some money so I'll be set in like 4 days for the next auction.

Anyways, i got to go get my laundry and goto class. Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment