Sunday, February 24, 2008
Finding music, and music shows.
I've been recently trying to find a good way to find new music that I will like. I have tried the major music review sites, cokemachineglow, pitchfork, and meta critic. These mostly have a good sense of what's good and what simply isn't. But most of the artists I have never heard of and are really either not my taste or something I am unable to get my hands on. This makes it hard to find and listen to new music. On my radio show, there is a 4 new songs per hour minimum that we have to follow. This means I hear about 4-6 new songs which has led me onto some decent bands, but nothing amazing because the amazing ones are hyped enough that I recognize the name off the shelf and I pass it by. I then rip the CD's and listen too them later, or I don't. I usually get too much music that I don't know where to stat listening to it, which makes it hard to listen to the music, espescially all the way though. I never really get the full hour and a half span of time to listen to an album all the way through, but I want to. I'll start it in a break and I will have time planned out,but then I'll get another song, usually a single stuck in my head and so I'll switch and ruin my roll. I dunno what way I should follow to really get into the music and eventually start writing reviews on this blog. Maybe I'll just figure it out. Who knows?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment