Friday, March 7, 2008

My lastest eBay purchase

I recently have wanted a cooler, hipper, and more functional bag for carrying my books, laptop and other things. So I started looking online, the only place to find detailed reviews of hip cool things. So I found a lot of bags: side bags, messenger bags, and laptop bags. I wanted a bag that had a lot of room to hold my laptop, books, and extras that I could need. I found a lot that were just enough room for a laptop. Then I found the Crumpler brand, who sells many interesting named bags for all different sized laptops. They are definitely in the height of fashion. I started looking at one bag, but found out it was for 17" laptops, which is huge, and didn't need one that big. So I found the part and parcel. Made for most all 15.4" laptops, durable material, 3 pockets, one for a lappie, one for books, and one for accessories. I saw it was 160 buck-a-roos and kinda lost a bit of motivation. Then I reembered my recent eBay buying streak, and searched for it. Found one, slightly used (only a few pen marks on the inside) going at the time for 40$. I started watching it for a few days, it went up to 60$, and I was still happy it was less than 160$. So, it came to be the day when it was ending at 9 in the morning on a saturday, meaning not realy sleeping in. I got up and sat and watched. It counted down. Finally under a minute. Was around 80$. I was going to bid for 90$, thining it a fair price. I decided that if I didn;t get it at 90 I'd goto 100$. It was worth it. I then thought that if I wu=ould goto 100, might as well start with that as my maximum bid. Final seconds, I bid, and the bidding closes. I win for 91$. I sigh in relief as I relize I wouldn't have won for 90 alone. but by risking the 100 I win for 91. I pay for the shipping, and go back to bed. 4 days, 3 buisness days, I get the bag in the mail. It's awesome. It has enough room to hold my books and my laptop comfortably. the lappie is a tight fit, takes a minute to get it in right, but after that I feel like its not going anywhere or getting hurt at all. It was totally worth the buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment