i woke up around 9. Got up, ate breakfast, hung out. Then I recorded drum tracks for hello blacksmith for an hour and a half. took a half hour break, then recorded more. I'll tell ya, playing the same thing over and over again, you start to realize how hard being a drummer is. They have to preform almost perfectly over and over again, but it isn't just one thing, it's at least 2, more commonly 3. I discovered how much I was overlooking when I first laid down the beats. I found how much the kick drum holds everthing together. My foot started getting tired because I was using it so much more. Anyways. Then Colin came over and I kept on playing drums while he did some stenciling. Then we restrung his guitar, he made a riff while I stenciled. I kept stenciling till ultimate where I wanted to sell some shirts, but they had to be washed and dried so I waited till after ultimate to finish them and sell some. Only sold 4 because the junior boys are all broke, something I forgot, sadly. Saw dylan and schlab, wished I hung out with them some more this summer.
It kind of hit me that i leave so soon. And everyone else will be gone or far away soon. Except of course for greta and tessa. yay for that. yeah. But I know I'll have people to see and hang out with, but I don't think I could find people like they are here. Like colin, the only other person I know who uses ubuntu as their main os. Yeah, I also wish we had started hello blacksmith earlier this summer to have more time to make shirts and a EP. I am excited to get back to morris, its so small and cozy. and i'll have my awesome KUMM job that I've wanted to be back to so much this summer.
Speaking of music, Flobots concert tomorrow, going to be amazing. Then maybe the end of a building better bombs show, also amazing.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment