Thursday, November 13, 2008

PBR: Pretty Blog Rhetoric

Who even knows what rhetoric means? Cause I sure don't. Anyways, It's late and I don't know why I'm posting (I shouldn't be), but I am. Wow, it sounds bad, but some kinks can't be worked out through a backrub.
Anyways, this blog will be about something, I just haven't decided yet, so hang on. It will be about something that makes me happy: aha! I listened to the belles of skin city today. Both albums. It was great. Their drummer is probbably the reason I drum for hello blacksmith. He's amazing. Give them a listen to if you have them, and if you don't, let me know and I'll hook you up. but yeah, I also decided that I won't be a drummer for another band outside hbs. Because I just really don't fit there. I love guitar too much and miss playing guitar. Over last summer I jammed with Dylan and Jacob and it was great. We just went thorugh chord progressions and improvised what we wanted. It was probbably the best learning tool I've had for guitar. Having other instruments going off of each other was amazing and even though it was simple and repetitive, it was soo much fun. Which is why, although I would if I had to, I will not drum again (again, outside of hbs.). I just love playing guitar too damn much. And if I want to get better at it, I need to play it, expessially in a band setting. I dunno how it will work out, but CDubs and I have a plan for me on guitar, him on bass banjo(thats right a banjo through a lower octave pedal) and Jamies friend as a possible drummer, and someone else on vocals. It would be my dream come true. Well, actually it's not my wildest dream, but it is up there with...well, I won't say. Anyways, this has been a productive blog post. So, again, thanks for listening. Sorry for the typos, I'm not in the mood to fix them yet.

4 comments:

  1. Rhetoric is the selection of words and meaning in speech. That's the Colin definition. From Dictionary.com:

    "the art or science of all specialized literary uses of language in prose or verse, including the figures of speech."

    It's cool, with the drumming I mean. It makes sense -- you're definitely a guitarist in terms of personality, and I feel like you should return to that position as soon as you can. That said,
    if you leave drumming in hello blacksmith I'll cut your intestines out and hang you with them.

    Just kidding.

    Maybe...

    As per your recommendation, I'm listening to Belles of Skin City right now....and it's really weird. I listened to the 5 song cd first, which was good to do I think? I don't know. It's all really weird. The drummer is very good, you're right about that. And the guitar riff at the beginning/throughout The Pheronomones and the Damage Done is pretty awesome. Still, they make me feel good about the occasional silence in hello blacksmith songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit the last track jumped into Subtle territory.

    Sorry, back to business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. guitarists have a personality? also, does hbs have an album out I can check out? or anything recorded at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.myspace.com/helloblacksmith/

    ReplyDelete