Sometimes life seems so easy and smooth. Sometimes all I want is to be consumed by friends.
They will keep me safe and sound with truth. They will be my nightlight and my favorite blanket.
When we're apart I start to worry. I want them to be as happy as they make me.
So I keep them close and keep them warm. Just to let them know someone cares.
We all want someone to care.
Someone to hold and just, be there.
We all want friends to love.
People to kiss our cheeks and hold our hands.
I rarely put doubt into the safety you bring. I really think that we can do this and get out alive.
We can't help it if our hearts sing. The sound in my chest is harmonizing with yours.
That is how I know we are safe and can safely cry. Every one else can make us feel so unwanted.
But if they could know how it feels to not have to try. They'd be jealous of our love.
They all want someone to care.
Someone to see, they must be here.
They all want friends to hide in.
People to compare and fight to hold our hands.
But at least I hope I'm not one of them.
And the look in your eyes tell me I'm not.
You and I are not part of that breed.
We are sensitive and in love with the world.
We both have someone to care.
Someone to hold and just, be there.
We both have each other to love.
People that just being near cures all.
Monday, June 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like this, a lot.
ReplyDeletestupid OpenID, the above comment is me.
ReplyDeleteI like this a lot too.
ReplyDeleteI like this a lot, three.
ReplyDeletejust ignore those, I quit.
ReplyDeleteit really is lovely, and makes me feel optimistic.
ReplyDelete