Wednesday, June 17, 2009

People won't be people when they hear this sound

Did you know that the stream of water from water fountains is actually two streams of water that join together into one? This helps get the height, distance, and quanity of water that most people expect. It's really quite an interesting system if you think about it.

Anyways, I don't even know what to write about today. My stomache hurts, my neck hurts, my head hurts, and my mind hurts. I want to goto sleep. Maybe I'll just take off early from work. Maybe I'll turn this into a rambling affair. I need to go to the bank to put money into my account. I also want to goto borders books and get cheap CDs. I also want to play loud music in my basement. I want to go on a bike ride. I want to play frisbee. I want to get more clothes. I want to goto a coffee shop. I want to read more. I started reading catch-22 today at lunch. It is so good. I kinda want a haircut. Not a cut so much as a trim. I want to watch bad action movies in my basement. I want to do a lot of things that are easily chosen to be done with people. And I kinda want to do them with myself or maybe one or two people that would make it more enjoyable. Lately I've not wanted to hang out in large(r) groups. Heck, I've not really wanted to hang out in groups at all. It's hard to avoid people though. Is goto really not a word? Is it go to? I get that alot is a lot, but goto should totally be a word. Silly spell check.

I (dis)like that the people I talk about read this. Yah, you.

I also have a new place for winking. Right between legs and short hair on my angry list. Yah, you.

5 comments:

  1. You know that if we call you and say, "Hey Martin, you want to hang out," and you can say no and everyone will be a little sad because we enjoy your company so much, but when you're happier that's a good thing.

    I've also been craving smaller groups and most of that list of activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh also about

    "I (dis)like that the people I talk about read this."

    I agree. I have so many things I want to say, but can't say in my blog, because of the people that read it (or atleast the people I assume read it.) I've been thinking of starting a secret blog for my secret thoughts, which aren't actually secret, but just things that are difficult to share, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't the point of blogging a bit of anonymity, despite everyone knowing who writes it? Like, gives you a speaking place, and people get to decide if they read it or not.

    It's a lot easier, at least for me, to speak one's mind on the internet, because there's no "real" human involvement, or at least not directly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your list of things to do (I need a haircut too!), but wouldn't be at all offended if you decided to do them by yourself. I'm definitely not going to explain this well, but it seems like the days of people being insecure and needing to hang out constantly and/or desperately not wanting to be at home at night are going away.

    Also, go-to is a word if you hyphenate it. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the water foutain bit would make a good metaphor for reltionships (platonic and romantic). perhaps in a cheesy motivational refrigerator magnet way, but i'm a sucker for those and they often still ring true once you get over being cynical.

    and i struggle with honesty on the internet because i can't gage other people's reactions.

    ReplyDelete