Monday, January 30, 2012
Leeping In
I've gotten into a sleeping habit that has me falling asleep at 5 AM, waking up around 10 AM, going back to bed and waking up again at 4 PM. Some days it feels like I'm missing a good part of the day, but most of the time I know nothing happens before the early evening. The one thing I do regret when I wake up and the light is either rising or falling is that coffee shops have started closing earlier due to 'winter' hours so I can get only a couple hours before they close.
I found Ozo coffeehouse because of this: I went to Saxy's, my until-now favorite shop, and they were completely full up of people and they closed in an hour and a half (7PM). I walked out and followed some other turn-aways and they lead me to Ozo right around the corner. Ozo is open until 9, but today of all days to go get coffee they had a staff meeting at 6 and closed them. Now I'm at The Cup, which is a pretty great shop, but a bit more of a walk for me. They're open until 10 PM though, so that's nice. They serve pricey healthy organic food so that's not as nice.
I have been able to take advantage of staying up late to watch some movies on netflix I haven't seen like "Interview with the Vampire" and "Magic Trip" which I like because choosing netflix options with other people is still surprisingly difficult.
"How about this?"
"Whatever."
"Have you seen this?"
"Yeah, but whatever."
I watched "Magic Trip" with Christian last night and it was pretty great in the sense of seeing film that was from another time and the people on it are so familiar, but not the same characters I know. The film is a documentary about Ken Kesey's crazy acid fueled bus trip from West Coast to East Coast using the footage shot on the way. It's a large part of "the electric kool-aid acid test," which I'm almost done with. I'd read the book first, since it has much more backstory and depth for the people and the events.
I miss having nights where people shoot the shit and create something new, even if it's a tangential conversation. I don't like saying it too much, but the people I'm living with aren't the coolest shit I've seen. Playing madden instead of mario. They do play music together, but it's mostly standard dad rock, meh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment