Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Literally Literature
"I want to read what someone finished writing last week."
I have been playing with this idea that there should be a place you can go and download ePub formatted writings that authors are willing to share under (some sort of) a creative commons copyright. It started because I can't say I know of what's 'going on' in the world other than through my interaction with news outlets and social networks. I don't mean what happened yesterday or last week, but what people are thinking and feeling the day before. A lot of writing I read on the internet is non-fiction and while people's lives are interesting, it will rarely compare with fictionalized storytelling that can be so much more abstract and encompassing.
It may be because I've been reading books written in the 60's and they feel like preserved documents about characters that existed in that era. I have no idea what people are writing about, but I assume they are writing out there. There have to be dozens of english students who write for one reason or another, I want to get them to post those writings to one site where people can download and read them. I've seen what past writers have said about the future we live in, I want to read about what's next for us, our future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment