Thursday, January 14, 2010

The plan

I mentioned that I'm reworking my music setup and I wanted to clarify the process a bit for myself and any readers.

Step 0: delete all music in default folder. This sets me up with only growing room, everything added is added for a reason.

Step 1: add an album to the folder. This can be something i have backed up, downloaded, or ripped myself. Only mp3 files with v0 quality. That means only "good" quality mp3 files. A lot of people don't know what bit rate their music is ripped under and that bothers me immensely. This is basically the best quality per megabyte mp3 file.

Step 2: Listen to the album and give each song a rating out of 5 stars. Star guide is roughly:
* : Never really want to hear this song ever again.
** : As an individual track, this is not worth listening to.
*** : An average song. Not a bad song or a good song, but no problems listening to it.
**** : This is a song I could listen to a lot in general, prime for mixes or stands out of an album.
***** : I could listen to it on repeat forever. Has sentimental value most likely.

Repeat steps 1 and 2 until I run out of albums.

3 comments:

  1. Flac files take up almost 4x the space as mp3s and don't offer 4x the noticeable quality, so I don't download them anymore. When I rip my own CDs, I do rip in flac then convert to mp3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. five examples of a ***** song pleaseee!

    ReplyDelete