So I have a catch-22 of sorts, I like to tweet and write blogs. But certain people read my tweets and my blogs. This poses the trouble of wanting to create new and secret twitter and blog accounts, but that is a lot of work and I like some people to hear what I say. But I can't be selective, that's not how this game works. I have the ability to block certain people on twitter, usually reserved for spammers and the such. But if I block someone that knows me, I am instantly guilty of hiding something from them, even though there might not be something hidden. Trouble caused by assumption and inaction.
Today I removed over 50 people, more like 80 i think, from my facebook friends. Why? because my new phone can sync with facebook and it takes <b>all</b> their info and puts it into my phone, all or nothing. So I am going to sync the two and I don't need people that I don't know. Simple enough right?
Blogging isn't too much of trouble, but it is annoying. Twitter is much more an issue. shish. Do you ever try and decide things while writing about them? I do. I am right now. I also decide things in my head while talking and if I come to a conclusion, I usually say that it has been how I felt for a while, which is a lie. I just thought of it. But that's besides the point. Do I go private for twitter or not? Or do I stop caring? GARGH! this is difficult.
So yesterday i hung out with meghan and we started talking about concerts and animal collective and how we miss good music and concerts. so I started freaking the shiz out because lolapalooza. but in the aftermath, today, i will be going to some hamazing concerts this year. animal collective at lollapaloza. iron and wine and the books at pygmalion. this guy named josh ritter, who sounds fammilirar, but who knoes. jeremy messersmith, caroline smith and the goodnight sleeps, gospel gossip, and first communion afterparty at this series of shows at this mill place. sorry bout the typos. i just wanna get outta work and am getting impatient. i went to bed reallllly late and got up reallllly early. so i'm tired. very sleep deprived. running on coffee. garg.
whatevs i'm outtie two thousand.
but first: new dirty projectors album, get it.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SDNM29KG
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Posting on secrets blogs isn't that satisfying though, is the problem.
ReplyDeleteSometimes too, getting the wrong reaction from the wrong people is terrible. Or getting the wrong reaction from the right people. Or no reaction from anyone.
In the end, I think if making it private is what you want to do, you should do it.
I feel like, with all the advancements in blogging and self-expression, there's a certain mentality that comes along with it. Self-expression, perhaps, is a good name for it, but there are other things, too: self-motivating, self-advertising, a need to share things.
ReplyDeleteWhat does this mean? I don't know. Do any of us keep journals anymore?
Private things were once kept in journals... now private things are kept in public places? Or no... the truly private things are kept in the worst possible place -- within, unexpressed?
My general rule is, "Can I still post this if I assume that the worst possible reader will read it?" Usually it isn't worth it. And usually even asking that question means that it isn't worth it either.
Keep a journal for extremely private things, and if it's something you feel like sharing, but it's too private for the RSS feed delivered world-wide, you can always, I dunno, talk to people.
Oh my god you listen to The Books??? I have a such a weird fascination with them!
ReplyDeleteI was gonna say something deep, but I'm not in the right mood of pensiveness tonight.
ReplyDeleteI like reading what you write, and I like you reading what I write (when I write). Furthermore, I like when you _actually_ write, and not "this is how my day went" (regardless of how interesting your day was).
Maybe it's because I have some need to know that others are thinking similar thoughts to mine. Maybe it's becaues I'm the "gossipy girl" who needs to know everything (without the actual gossip, or the girl). Maybe it's because I grew up with computers, and to me, that's the only medium that matters. Maybe I feel as though humans should be more open about what they're thinking/feeling (or get rid of feeling all togehter, or something).
I'm writing nonsense, and it's probably not helping. What I'm trying to say is, for whatever reason, I _want_ to see that side of you that might piss people off. It makes you real. Or, whatever.
Anyway, I like that you write, and tweet, and post pictures. Ultimately, like Tasha said, you get to decide, but I agree, secret blogs serve no purpose.