Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've been driving too long

So it's 4:10 on this fantastic wednesday morning and I've gotten back to Morris safely. I am now listening to Yell & Ice by Subtle, which is amazing music. I am waiting for the next w00t. I am reading my friends blogs. I am regretting drinking the tasty mocha double shot star bucks energy drink. But here I am nonetheless. Fall break is over and I am glad to be back in Morris for a few reasons. Wednesday nights are a basically free night to do whatever because I don't have to get up till noonish. Then Thursday is the office and possible swing dancing. Then it's Friday and the weekend. And it's my birthday weekend, so yay. Then it's next week (who knew?) and that means that it is close to next weekend where I will see atmosphere. then the next weekend I am going to drake, then I will probably go see subtle, then I'll probably be in (bore)is. then who knows. but that's like a month in advance. Thanksgiving is somewhere in there.
Okay, cognitive sentences from now on.
So, this weekend was pretty great. It was like a mini reenactment of the summer. I played a HBS show with colin on friday and like 5 people came, it was fun times. Sad thing was we hadn't practiced in about a month, and not just with each other, like total lack of practice. So we weren't as great as last summer, but I still had a blast. Then I played poker two nights in a row sunday and monday, which is always a lot of fun. I got to see Jenny's apartment, which was cool. I now know my way moreso around the U of M campus. I also got to eat Mesa pizza, I had the taco+guacamole pizza and then it was so tasty and because Jenny said "Well, your already here" which is like the most motivational thing to say to me besides, "just cause".
Then colin and I worked on helloblacksmith stuff and got set up with recording using a amazing mixer. Basically, we need 2 or 3 more mics and we can record ourselves decently professionally. It will be done hopefully over winter break, so keep your eyes open for our EP.
Other things to blabble about....hmmm....how about....blogs!
Yeah, blogs.
I like blogs, and I'm glad that more people are starting to have them, it makes me happy to have a somewhat easier way of keeping up to date with the happenings of my friends. And it's not just keeping up to date through wall posts and messages, it's a very self informing way. Like, I say what I want people to hear, and sometimes more or less, but because it's me posting for the general populous, it can have more detail spread to more people with less effort. I have a hard time keeping in touch when I don't see someone very often, and I know that. If people read my blog, then I can post something once and have multiple people read it. Granted, it isn't as personalized as, hey I want you and you to hear this, but it's kinda similar. But the fact that people are getting away from Live journal makes me happy. No offense to those who use it, I just generally see it as a more emotional outlet than not. And as good as emotions are, I feel it created the need to post emotional and personal things in an unproductive way. I dunno what I'm saying really. It just had a bad connotation for how people are. As good it is to have an outlet for that stuff, i think there are better outlets.
Blogs are a different kind of outlet, where you can post about what happened to you that day or week, and it can just be the facts. Or you can post your feelings about something. Or you can post links, art, music, or ideas. Or you can be me and just kind of word vomit onto the internet. But I figure that is my style or whatever. Anyways, I guess I chose a fitting name for my blog. I like it. Wherever I start is very rarely where I end up. But yeah, lets end it at that for tonight. Think of this as a makeup post for the week or two of slow posts.
And sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment