Sunday, December 7, 2008

Caribooooooou, cari-bou-ou

So Morris has two "coffee shops". One, The Turtle Mountain Cafe (why is cafe not in Firefox's dictionary?) (TMC) is run by Satan Sodexho and the other is a non-profit place called Common Cup. I actually have a lot more respect for the place when I found out it was non-profit. All proceeds go to one of the local churches. So it makes more sense why it was "built on God's love." But they both are pretty pricey. At the common cup, a bottomless cup of coffee is 3+ bucks. This compared to coffee news in the cities where it's 1.50. Kinda sucks. Anyways, the closest city is Alexandria, a pretty cool place actually, spent a day there shopping. They have a Caribou that my friend Meghan and I went to last week. It's a 45 minute drive each way, but it was totally worth it. Got there and had to have a caramel cooler because I haven't had one in forever. So there goes $5. But then I wanted to know how much a refill of coffee was and the guy looks at me funny and says: "Free?" Awesome. So, Caribou has 1.50 for unlimited coffee.
And not only that, but they have variety. They had two interesting blends the day I went and they change it day to day. The common cup just has two blends, and they are always there. It was also a pretty good place to do homework. I got a lot of programming done that day and I really enjoyed it. I guess Alexandria only has a few hours after work when people go get coffee. So I think I'll probably go there a few more times to get some work done in the next week before finals.
I also have big plans to someday open a coffee house/record store/music venue. It'd be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment