Tuesday, December 16, 2008

iShould bWorking

So I reformatted my iPod. Don't worry, it wasn't on accident as most of my reformats are, this one was controlled. I had it almost full, all 60 GBs, and I was really getting lost in it trying to find music. Having throughout the years, like 4 years of constant adding music and never deleting any, it was very full of unnecessary things. I do not need all of Iron Maiden or A Perfect Circle. In fact, I probably listened to one song of each, maybe four times. And recently the iPod has been showing doubles of songs making playing an album super difficult. I would have to add every other song to an on the go playlist and use that and it was a huuuge hassle. So, in the name of clean slates and fresh snow for this winter break, I wiped it clean. I even gave it the latest firmware update, which sadly removed my custom 'tux' loading screen and battery percent icons (it showed you what numerical percent was left, not some tiny bar that was hard to read). But maybe I'll put those back.
The next step was to put all the music I actually like and things I might want to listen to back on. So I went through my list of perfect albums and made sure I had the whole lot. Then I went through and added stuff I might want some of and what not, you know radiohead and pink floyd discographies. So now I have 2847 songs on it taking up about 15 GBs (is it GBs or Gbs, cause it's a big difference). But I can add new stuff on as I get it and have it all nice and neat.

1 comment:

  1. Hey cousin,

    I just scrolled through your list of perfect albums. Many I totally agree with, others I'll have to check out. But I gotta ask, "What, no Beatles??"
    -Mike

    ReplyDelete