So, I was doing a late comp sci assignment that I had forgotten about until now and had to research a topic in computer science. So, after my long cloud computing post, I figured I could just do that. And I have been reading computer science articles for the past hour and a half. It's wonderful liking a topic so much that I don't feel bored reading about it. I learned a lot about the cloud idea and it's a lot more vague than I thought. There are 3 clear definitions of what it is. So, it's pretty clear that this is what I want to do with the rest of my life, in addition to some other things, but career wise it's an easy choice. I took one of the offers from Thompson-Reuters and it is quite ridiculous how much they are paying me for the summer internship. But it bodes well for my future I guess. I still think it is kinda sick how I don't really have to worry to hard about finding a decent job in this field. With everything changing so fast, I'll be able to find something pretty permanent in the end and it will probably pay well.
But I like it because I will be able to fuel other hobbies and things that I know I also want to do in the future. Like, playing music would be something that I could pump money into, but anyone can do that. One goal I really have is to open a music venue somewhere/sometime in the future. Right now I want to open a coffee house/music venue/record store in Morris because I think we could use it. But in reality, I totally could put an investment into a project like that in a larger city and really have fun with it. Someone had to start first ave and the triple rock at some point. Why not a guy like me?
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment