I was playing my dad's old nylon string guitar yesterday and learning On Your Wings by Iron and Wine and my dad came and sat in the basement with me. He is great at playing folk tunes and so I thought he might like to hear the song and I played it for him. I introduced it as indie folk music, because that's what I've deemed it. If you haven't heard it, go listen to some on last.fm or youtube. It is hard to put them in a genre because well, they are a very independent label band and they are great folk as well. Anyways, point is, it's great music that even my dad liked it for being relaxing and hypnotic music.
Iron and Wine uses a great combination of guitar, slide guitar, and banjo. It works wonders at layering and making rhythmic music.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment