I kinda ignored this when it first came out, but I finally got around to looking at the Palm Pre. And verdict is, it looks great. I had originally thought it ran on Windows Mobile, but no, Palm created webOS which is based on linux. So thats a plus for sure. It doesn't have all the info out about apps and hardware but it all looks very promising. This will be a definite competetor with an android phone. And I'm kinda torn. HTC doesn't have an android phone announced for sprint yet this year and depending on what it will be, hopefully the Touch HD (b-e-a-utiful), I will have to make the decision between android and webOS. But I'm looking forward to either and hopefully the competition will cause things to be better rather than not.
Overall I just can't wait to have a phone with wifi. Having played with Ben C's ipod touch and talking to Jake about it all, I'm very excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is entirely unrelated, but I still have your pan. Are you in town?
ReplyDeleteAt this point in time, assuming the Pre has a decent App offering, WebOS beats Android hands down. Unless something drastic happens, I'll be purchasing a Pre after I get back from my semester abroad in the fall.
ReplyDeleteRumor has it direct access to the linux kernel won't be available right away, but that Palm is considering opening it up at a later point.
I immensely enjoy the title of this blog entry.
ReplyDeleteyour blog title is two words, all unique letters.
ReplyDelete