Friday, February 6, 2009

Housing, a monster

So it's been a fun past few days, and by fun I mean kinda painfully awkward. The housing deadline for renewing and starting leases is coming up soon. I think I've mentioned how I have wanted to move to a different house and don't want to live with Ryan anymore, while I wish it was that easy. Over break I was talking to my two friends Colin and Meghan and we decided we'd all like to live together. Colin knew someone who wasn't living in their house next year and it's a three bedroom and so it worked out that we have a place to live. So, we're all set basically.
But the awkward part comes from other people, Ryan, Meghan's current housemate Nicole, and Colin's girlfriend Remy. I hadn't told Ryan for sure I wasn't living with him next year, but had been slowly hinting at it more and more, like saying that we were going to look at a house. I thought that was pretty obvious as a hint. After the three of us looked at the house we wanted to talk about it and so we went to my house. Ryan pops into the kitchen and has this look in his eye. He points to the manila envelope that has the leases in it and goes "What's this?" Well, he then went into a short outburst of he doesn't know what's going on and he doesn't know why I'm leaving, what he did and what's up. He asks us to all four live in my current house and says he won't mess with the water or the heat. But it can't work like that. And so it gets really freaking awkward in my kitchen.
The same (not exact) situation has happened for Meghan and Colin too. So it's like us three are fine and everyone else is going completely crazy around us. I understand why they are, but I really just wish they weren't. So housing is basically done, but I think it will be a bit different between Ryan and I until at least he finds someone to live with next year.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think he can find someone to live with? He's not really a social butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate figuring out about housing. truly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha's referring to Ryan, correct? Does seem like the "not a bad guy but asocial" type, at least at first glance. That could be me projecting, though, you know?

    ReplyDelete