Wednesday, September 17, 2008

New shirt/stencil idea


So I was sketching in class and trying to find a cool stencil idea and I found that leaves can be done with stencils if you take the vein and make it negative space. I did a few leaves and liked it, Then started doing stems and vines. I dunno if I could do a flower too well, So a vine would be cool. Then I drew a vine and added thorns. I liked it, but it's not doable with stencils i think. Anyways, time to do a cleaner sketch and some photoshopping (or editing I should say so adobe doesn't kill me.) But yeah.
We got an amazing mac in the KUMM station and I can't wait to mess with CS3 on it. It's so shiny.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like that vine. Hawt. Anyway, yeah the leaves look cool. You cold definitely do something with that...in fact, if you arrange them around a vine, but lack the vine...sort of an implied vine? Like the implied outline lettering? You could also take a shot at a more direct implied outline and shadow the bottom of the vine.

    Unfortunately, I pay attention in class. Otherwise, I'd def. have more stuff for you. Maybe I'll take a shot at it tomorrow? Have fun w/ photoshop.

    Also, Subtle cover is amust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a stylized vine, or implied vine. The leaves seem to be a different style of drawing than the vine does. Perhaps it was intentional.

    Shiny new Macs are shiny.

    ReplyDelete