So, there's this amazing band, The Plastic Constellations, and after doing my weekly website check, I went a little deeper and found one of the signer/guitarist's blog. He doesn't update it or anything, but there is this one post that I just had to share. Here. This is the guy who has been my guitar/musical idol. It was sad to see them take an indefinite hiatus, but I think Tessa said she's working on getting them to do a reunion or something. So who knows.
But it was nice to read something that has been my mentality for the past year. He writes a lot better and gets the point across. But it's what I've been feeling, the unstoppable urge to do something, not for money/popularity, but because if I don't do it right now I might never be able to do it again.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
With TPC, are you in a nirvana?
ReplyDeleteYou could say that. I dunno, they put me in a place that makes me really happy. But I also get to wishing a lot too. So I think about what I want to do for a while and sometimes it seems really far off. But overall, I am in a nirvana.
ReplyDeleteAnd if that was a Nirvana, the band, reference then TPC > Nirvana any day.
No, it was a TPC reference. 4th track of Crusades?
ReplyDeleteI know what he's saying. I know what you're saying. If you've ever heard of the Romantic movement, or Romanticism, or die Romantik or some shit like that, that's what this is about -- making real shit to make it, striving, creating, doing, because that's what makes us human. Without this, we are dead, as nothing -- according to Herder, we strive our entire lives in order to become human only at the end, when we have been all we can be. "cogito ergo sum" my ass, "volo ergo sum" is the diy ethos, only two hundred years ago and in Latin.
ReplyDeleteI think we're on the same page with why we make some noise, no?