Tuesday, December 9, 2008

System.out.println("I Love programming!");

Because there are sometimes when I just rock an assignment. I was in class monday and everyone seemed to be having trouble with one lab project and I was basically done. It was great. The kid next to me said something like: "Man, I don't know even where to start with this lab, how about you?" and I nicely replied "Actually, I'm almost done." Problem was, he then tried to mooch my code off of me for the rest of the class. But it was alright because there is a reason it took me an hour+ to get comparable to work with my zombies. (if you aren't a csci major, you probably didn't understand that sentence. (okay, so it seems even compsci majors don't know what that means, your not alone) But then again, I don't expect anyone to fully understand what i say in my blog. Just be thankful text can't convey my mumbling. Anyways, so he kinda just gave me a blank look and stopped asking after a few minutes. So, it was really quite nice to have a confidence boost after not going to class for a week. But I actually should be doing a problem set for that class, so I'm going to go. (I just realized I am still in that parenthesized aside comment, oops.))

5 comments:

  1. What's comparable and what's zombies? What exactly are you doing up there in Morris? =P I'm a csci major and I still don't know wtf you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell, I'm a csci major, in Morris, and I don't understand what he's talking about. I assume this is data structures... with KK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a way to compare objects. It's what .compareTo() uses. So I had to show my program how to determine which of two zombies is stronger. It took a long ass time to figure it out, but now it seems simple. It just let's java know which zombie is stronger. It's for a heap of zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "heap of zombies" <- roflcopterz.

    you could also just make your own compareTo method, you know...in fact, because all classes inherit from Object, and compareTo() is an Object method, you can actually just overwrite it that way. I guess i shouldn't say anything, because i have no idea what you're doing. that's what i'm doing; all i'm sayin.

    dude, come home... =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that's one part of what it took, but I had to modify the Heap class we were using for the "heaps of zombies." Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete