Alright, I need some help from the reader base. I want to have an place online to store my pictures. I know Flickr is a big site that I am frequently directed to when I browse people's albums. But there is also photobucket and Picasa that offer the same 1 GB storage for free. Flickr is 100MB monthly and run by yahoo. Picasa is a part of the google structure which makes it seem beneficial to using blogger.
My question is this, what do all of you use? I feel like I'm a little behind in getting a photo account due to the lack of a camera until now, but I also don't know what anyone else uses. I think if everyone uses one or the other it'd be simpler to join that, but w/e. My main need is to link with this blog and Picasa has a definite one up by already storing all my pictures that I've uploaded here. But flickr also has blogger support.
Also, any recommendations for SD cards or cases? I haven't decided if the no name brands of flash media is worth the lower price or not.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
*headdesk*
ReplyDeleteI've been having this same issue, as I just got back from Spain. Picasa has a maximum of 1GB storage, unless you pay for more.
I'm seriously considering Flickr, since most everyone else uses it. I'm putting all my pictures into my Picasa account right now, because that's what I've got. I'll probably switch to flickr at some point.
As for SD cards, I don't really understand why some are more expensive than others, speed maybe? It's all flash, so I see cases as superfluous (there was something a while back where people nailed cards to a tree, and were still able to retrieve some of the data from them)
One of the great philosophical questions of our time! There's no right answer, but here's what we do. We use Picasa to organize our photos and it's set up to integrate with "blogger," gmail, Picasaweb, etc. Google is improving their stuff regularly, so that's a plus.
ReplyDeletePhotos I really like I put up on flickr, but those are just those that stand out better than the rest (at least, I think so); Picasaweb gets the larger albums of images.
Depending what you're going to do with it, what about facebook? Unlimited photo storage? Can't beat it, except all your friends will be able to see all your pics, I don't know if you can "hide" some albums but not others like you can in Picasa.
Let us know what you wind up with (and why!).
-Mike
FB lets you make private albums, but really low resolution. So. Yeah.
ReplyDelete