Monday, January 26, 2009

It's that time of the season

So I think I'm going to reinstall ubuntu. Yeah. It's gotten slow since the last clean install. Like, My ram never goes below 10% for some reason. Right now it's sitting at 19% used and I've been doing nothing. I've noticed it hanging on some operations and I want it a tad more streamlined. So it was either install a different distro like Debian or Fedora (I kinda want to try KDE for a bit but I read that it was somewhat broken and should be much better next update). But I want my base OS to be the best it can be, so I'll reinstall and then get another distro as something to mess with. I'm hoping it won't take too long to get back all my custom things to the clean install, like my conky setup and my emails, but I don't remember too much trouble last time. I also can't decide if this is a weekend project or I should start it now. I'll probably to the backup tonight and the reinstall another day this week.
This week is actually pretty busy for me. I didn't notice until I was trying to figure out a time to go to alexandria to retake a drug test for my internship (the last one was too diluted or something, oops). And I realized I'm pretty busy. Tomorrow I have lab 12-1:40, then 2-2:30 is vocal lessons, then 3-3:50 is class. And then I have work at the radio station to complete. Then dinner. On wednesday it's class at 9:15 to 10:20 then break until 1-2:05 class and then radio work from then until my radio show which is at the same time this semester, Wednesdays 4-6, you all should try and listen. And then I have more free time on Thursday and friday, but still I'll be running around most likely.
I wrote a song today in A.I. and I can't figure out if it's good enough or done enough to play at open mic this Thursday. Tough decisions.

3 comments:

  1. I did similar things in my A.I. class. Go figure.

    The feed is broken on the KUMM website. I would listen, but I'm not within 15 miles or whatever of your wind turbine.

    Also, how do I backup Ubuntu? I'm considering a fresh install as well. Maybe I'll just ask you when I'm up there. Meh. 8 days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In terms of backing up ubuntu, you should just be able to backup your /etc/ and your /home/username dirs, and be mostly ok.

    Speaking of writing in csci classes, I found myself doing the same thing in discrete math. Woopee?

    ReplyDelete