So, day two of classes is in progress and so far, so strange. Waking up at 8:30 was somewhat rough, I did it though. Props to me. I ate a bowl of malt-o-meal cap'n crunch berries and biked to campus. Got to class at 9:05 and was starting to fall asleep again. I managed to stay awake mostly for the class, I heard everything, just couldn't keep my eyes open the whole time. I felt bad for my prof, Nic Mcfee, cause I figure I was pretty obvious. But I didn't have time to go buy a rockstar until after class. But AI was good, it should be fun and interesting. I need to find a quick and cheap way to stay awake in the mornings. I've heard apples have things that keep you awake more than a cup of coffee. So maybe I'll buy a sack of apples. Because coffee takes time and energy drinks are expensive.
After I got my drink I found out my second class, operating systems, was kinda canceled. It turns out our prof lost her visa and hasn't received her new one yet. So, she might be back next week, and if not, I'll have to switch into a different class. I don't want to have to switch because the class is after my last class of the day and so I'd be forced to stay on campus from 9 to 4. Rough, because from 10:30 to 1 I have nothing.
After Nic let everyone go I stayed behind to ask about going abroad because the cancellation changes things and I forgot that my actual advisor is having a baby about now and isn't here. So I sat around for this other kid to endlessly chat about nonsense and I played solitaire on my ipod. I wish I had a ipod touch for it's games. And wifi. But w/e. So I asked Nic and he said that actually with the way things end up being scheduled, going abroad would be best next spring. Which changes a lot. I still want to goto china, and was planning on the fall. But I feel a little better knowing I won't go from summer into china, because that seems a little scary. And it makes housing a little smoother next year as I won't have to sublease first semester.
Also, the title of this post is from a song by built to spill. It's one of my favs because the lyrics are very string of thought and almost a ramble. But it's on this mix I made while waiting for Nic, so here's the mix:
Radio Cure by wilco - this song was covered by the local jazz band the bad plus and it is ahmazing, so I wanted to hear the original again. A depressing song, but I like it.
In your Mind by built to spill - this is the song mentioned above, great guitar and great lyrics.
The sound of science by beastie boys - i love the besastie boys so much, it's comical and has some great beats. Like when they do a breakdown and one just yells, Rope-a-dope.
Fireworks by the animal collective - The only animal collective song I have on my ipod, and it's really good. 6 minutes of wonder
Um, circles and squares by Dosh - i picked this up with abunch of other music and wanted to give it a listen to, it was good.
Old Old fashioned by frightened rabbit - nice kinda folk tune
Take Pills by panda bear - a member of animal collective, it's really rythmic and white noiseish.
The national anthem by radiohead - one of my favorite bass lines, so strong and great. and tom yorkes's vocals are again strangeley wonderfull
gobbledigook by sigur ros - i love the vocals on this, la la la la la. It's great and catchy.
track 02 by signal to trust - i don't think that is actually the tracks name, but maybe. it's a local band that I saw at last years lunch show with stnnng, i got the lp for their album folklore and i like it quite a bit. it's upbeat indie rock. not too heavy, but solid. I'm trying to track down a digital version of the album.
fuck you guyses teams by ten grand - I got this in the bunch of local music i picked up off of MFR, and i heard their name in a pos song so I am checking it out, not bad.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
POS is like a MSP music guide all by himself.
ReplyDeleteKinda.
ReplyDelete