Thursday, January 8, 2009

Old notebooks

I like notebooks. I always have and probably always will. I like to scribble, jot, and spill in them. I've done this since freshman year in high school. See, I never understood note passing. I guess I never had anyone to pass notes to, but even then it seemed strange. When I did pass notes, I would always laugh or something and be really obvious. It ruined it. So I wrote whatever was on my mind. Freshman year, I started to write my thoughts in a notebook. It was my first blog like thing. When I read it over I always laugh because it captured my thoughts pretty darn well. That was the motivation to get a myspace and blog on there. Then eventually I came here.
But that was an unintentional history lesson, and the main point was to share some of the things I ended up with in this years 5 subject notebook. My thoughts about them are in '()'s.

A punk song:
Red ink change the truth
Red ink give me proof
That I am in charge

Red ink the government
Red ink makes me think
That I am in charge

Red ink splotches grow
Red ink now you know
That I am in charge

Red ink bleeding through
Red ink onto you
If I was in charge


Two four line things:
Two people sharing headphones, a blanket and a moment
Sharing music, warmth, and words
Infatuation is a young feeling
Developing into a failed relationship
(haha, wonder what I was thinking of then, :) )

White space always touching
Maintains structural stability
the black is the implied
We see what isn't there.
(it's a stencil!)

Parts of a song?:
Rolling ball pen
rolling on then
it stops, dries up dead
rolls empty again.

Out of fuel
out of ink
I'm dried up
trying to think
(I kind of like it, but it's short)

Some sort of punk anthem:
This is a call/For those looking for
A place to call home/I don't want to go it alone
Come on join our lines/for this will be our time
To prove the power of our mind/To leave some ink behind
(I love the last half line)

So yeah, that's that.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also really love notebooks. there's something really nice about being able to doodle/scribble whatever i want, and then being able to show (or not show) it to whomever i want, but still have it be in existence. it's nice.

    ReplyDelete