Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A to Z

So I like mixes, a lot. Today for my radio show, inspired by those old countdown shows, I did an a to z of martin's indie picks. So not just all music, but mostly indie music. It was fun and rough. Here's the list:
Animal Collective - Fireworks
Beirut - Nantes
Clout Cult - Everybody here is a cloud
Dirty Projectors and David Bryne - Knotty Pine
Eyedea and Abilities - One Twenty
Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal
Grizzly Bear - Don't Ask
Hush Arbors -
Iron and Wine - The Sea and the Rhythm
Jennings, Mason - Big Sur
King Kahn - Torture
Lightning Bolt - Birdy
M.I.A. - Bird Flu
Noah and the Whale - Jocasta
Of Montreal - Softcore
Plastic Constellations - We Came to Play
Q and Not U - Wonderful People
Radiohead - Idioteque
Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
TV on the Radio - Dancing Choose
Ulysses - Push Your Away
Vampire Hands - Stunning Blonde
Why? - These Few Presidents
Xiu Xiu - Crank Heart
Yeasayer - Tightrope
Zox - The Squid

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I like "Jennings, Mason"
    Cool list, though. There are a number of names I haven't heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I really like the choices here. You still need to give me Why?, and Idioteque is one of those Radiohead songs I enjoy. I don't think I've heard We Came to Play, but, seriously? You putting Zox on this list may have stolen my heart. Especially The Squid.

    ReplyDelete