Thursday, September 4, 2008

I lost my calc sylabus and I already bought the coffee here

I am a primary source of my own life, right? We were talking about blogs in my seminar class today and we covered if blogs are usually secondary sources or what. If it's a true log of your life, then yes, it is a primary source. It has it's limits because there is usually bias in everyone's view of their own life. I want things to go one way so my opinion on the matter is going to favor that.
For me, I feel detached enough from everything that sometimes I feel like I am dreaming and don't believe what's happening or has happened. Good times can seem too good to be true and so I have to remind myself that they actually happened. I also have a hard time remembering things. It's like there is a limit on my memory and it is keeping me from achiveing something. It is like my own personal barrier from being better or smarter. I find it doesn't bother me as long as I don't spend too much time on the subject. I wish I had a better memory, but I don't and that's that. I can't tell if I'm ignorant or just actually proud of accepting myself for who I am. What's the difference. It can be easy to see your own limits and hard to have the strength to expand them and make yourself better. I find that it might take too much time and dedication. My Dad is a huge fan of neuro linguistic programming, or NLP. Tony Robbins is a guy who took NLP to a mass market to help people and make some money. I don't doubt that he can help people with their goals and motivations and behavioral changes, but I don't think that sitting in a room listening to him talk is what will do it. My Dad has helped me see just how much power the mind has over the body, but it takes patience, dedication, and faith. I don't think at this point in my life I could change anything too much. And what would I change. In role playing games I have a hard time choosing what skills to level up in. It's like I'm choosing my future and if I mess up, I'm screwed.
If someone gave you the chance to level up one "skill", what would you choose. You could devote it to your memory, your pain tolerance, your focusing skills, your speed, your knowledge of one area, or even how you present yourself. That is no easy choice, and I don't think I've found my largest weakness yet. I know I have weaknesses, at least I think I know what some of them are. I feel detached from things, I have a poor memory, I don't know exactly what I want to do with my life, and I am almost too content. What bothers me most? I dunno. They all have downsides, but none are too bad in my opinion.

Alls I knows is that I'm happy. I am really happy right now. And that's what matters for me. : )

1 comment:

  1. I find being happy is the most important thing, and cataloging what you don't like or would change or find lacking in yourself doesn't really promote being too happy. I feel like maybe being too detached would be terrible for me, because I always care really strongly about things and people and experiences. But that's just me.

    And, at the title, I hate those days.

    ReplyDelete