Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just a place for notes

Aside from being a blog, this is also a place for my mental notes, so this will mostly be ideas and shit about music directing. My dad always writes things down, he does is in sloppy handwriting, and I asked him once why he doesn't write neater. He replied that it doesn't matter if he can read it or not, the simple fact that he wrote it down will help commit it to memory and if he sees it, he can remember the memory of writing it and all that it was about.

Anyways:
So today I got over 10 cds in the mail, yay for weekend build up. But I need to start pumping these reviews out or something, it is my job. So I need a way to do it, so far I have a 5 cd changer that I was swapping cds out every once in a while. that way I could get 5 cds in a row without getting up. But that means that it;s the whole cd playing and I'm probably not paying attention. I can also take the boatload of cds to a place with my lappy and listen to one, review it, and do it like that. Or I could try and rip every cd and listen where ever i am with my laptop. I dunno which I want to do. But since Im in greta's room with a pile of cds next to me i guess i'll start ripping them. That way I'll get about 15 cds a week. if each cd takes 7 minutes to copy, thats 105min, an hour and 45 minutes of straight copying Cds. Holy fishsticks. If each Cd is 60 Mb, then thats 900Mbs a week. A gig of music a week.

2 comments:

  1. We should do a gig of music a week. Get it, like, a gig? No, really, during the summer/winter we should think about trying to do a gig a week or every two; we could switch between hello blacksmith and a tag-team acoustic set at buzz or something. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, for sure we should. I think that after we get our EP out and more songs ready, we could easily move out from my basement to something like the triple rock or some sort of venue.

    ReplyDelete