Listening to new music makes me happy. And one goal I try to follow in life is to spread happiness. I try to do this with the music I get, giving Cds to friends who I think would like the band or sitting with someone while I review. This is always fun and makes my job easier by giving me another perspective on music. So, instead of having my (drunken) roommate and his girlfriend reviewing metal Cd's and then putting them in the station, I want to spread the music on those Cd's to people not in a close proximity to me. Example: I got the new deerhoof album, which isn't released until October something. So I could share it with my friends that love deerhoof (Jacob). but that's a large task to rip/burn/mail any Cd that I think someone will want. So I came up with the idea of a sort of new music mix Cd that could take the best or most defining song from a new Cd and let people have a sample of it. This could be accomplished if everyone listened to their local modern radio station (the current, KUMM) because there are rules in place to make sure new music gets played. But that isn't always reliable and the new music can be spread out and maybe isn't the best example of an album.
The more I think about this, the more I think this will be illegal.
But anyways, the next limitation is sending my friends Cd's isn't cheap. So I was thinking about some sort of digital distribution, like make a playlist that links to last.fm or myspace pages. I dunno, we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Rapidshare?
ReplyDelete