Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hulled, Roasted, and Salted (or: can I eat 3/4 of a pound of sunflowerseeds?)

Here is my past four days:

Thursday:
I didn't have class until 3 so I didn't really do anything before then. I finished the paper that was due in my ethics class and kinda hung out till then. Oh, right, it also snowed. Like, a lot. So I got a ride with Meghan to campus because she offered. So the plan was to be on campus from 2:30 to whenever I left open mic night (usually around 12). With the idea of 10 hours on campus, I was not thrilled. But whatever, I went and brought a can of soup to eat there. It felt weird bringing a can of soup to eat, borrowing a bowl and spoon and heating it up (very messily) in a microwave. The bowl was too small, so it was more difficult. The first one had all the liquid and splattered, the second was all the mass of the soup. Then I had a KUMM meeting at 6 and went to my AI class's group programming meeting thing. It was fun, kinda. I don't think the other two guys got what I was suggesting and so I took over and just typed it out and stuff, so it went faster. I got what to do and I haven't necessarily been to class all that much (oops). But then I went to the TMC to get a good seat for open mic. I was going to preform, but I chose not to, and good choice because my voice was going that night. Getting sick is lameski. Open mic blew. Like, I always know that it has been getting progressively worse as time goes on, but I always go, hoping. But I get out before the love songs started. Then I went home and probably did nothing.

Friday:
Slept through AI, because I'm just genius enough to not go after I actually do the group work. Yeah, sad. So, in lieu of not being able to get up, I made a list of things I needed to do that day, buying an alarm clock was on it for sure. My phone just doesn't cut it for waking me up. I have this alarm clock at home that uses the idea that waking up to sunshine or light is a smoother feeling. So the clock starts to light up about 10 minutes before the alarm goes off. It works pretty well, problem is that it always has a faint glow, so it can be distracting. But not more than my stereo flashing the time like a VCR. The list also included buying shelves for organizing, doing laundry, picking up my room and reviewing music. I went to school for my two afternoon classes and then went to pamida to buy my needed items. They sold neither. Blast, foiled again. But then Meghan pointed out that I can just go while I'm home. And I knew I could grab my old alarm clock and probably a shelf from home too, both for free. Sweet deal. So, I did some laundry, of which I fail at every time. I leave clothes in the dryer. Sometimes for hours, sometimes for days, and I just deal with it because I for some reason don't want to get them out. Weird, eh? But anyways, at night I went to the jazz concert and it was simply amazing. Just amazing. Bob (my housemate) and his friend Gill did this amazing piece that battled guitar against saxophone. And Gill did his circular breathing on sax which is always amazing to see. After that I watched Hot Rod and loved it. Went to bed.

Saturday:
Woke up actually at a decent hour for a Saturday, 10 AM. Did some stuff, played some WoW, got ready to go home. Drove home. Got home at about 5. Hung out with my dad and mom for a bit before going to the show. Told my parents about a student at Morris committing suicide and they pointed out that I've been around more death and loss than they had when they were at my age. It was a downer, but it was great to talk to them about real things, it's something I don't do nearly enough. Going to the concert was kinda a mess. Tessa had txted me asking if I wanted to carpool, and figuring it'd be her colin and I, I said sure. but she wanted to leave like 10 minutes earlier than colin was going to be free. So it was just her and I. Eh, not horrible, but, y'know. got to P.O.S. concert and the next 3-4 hours were amazing. Maybe another post for that. After the show Colin and I went to Francis' to see some people and what not, ended up leaving to go hang out at my house for a few more hours into the night. It was great, although I was exhausted from being sick and a long day. Went to bed.

Sunday:
Got up at 9, hung out with parents. Did laundry that i brought home. Played drums, GTA IV, and watched TV. Ate doughnuts. Talked to my dad, the motivational speaker, for a long time about lots of things. It was amazing, as it always is. He knows so much about psychology and even though he doesn't actively use it, he can pull it out and it makes so much sense. So, I got pumped for life and stuff. And the talk was free, usually that would cost hundreds of dollars, sweet deal for me. Found a shelf I wanted, put it in car. Put stuff in car, avoided getting too much food from my mom that I would forget to eat. Got Meghan and Jake, drove to Morris. Cleaned my room, reorganized my stereo set up. Started reviewing music and playing WoW, then switched to reviewing music and writing this. And now I'm writing this sentence, and from now on it seems kinda stupid to keep going on.

1 comment: