I needed a blog topic to write about, well, I didn't need one, I just wanted one. And I went through my dilemma of "I can't write about subject because someone might read it and take it personally." I don't want to write something that singles one person out, or singles a group of people out for that matter. I just want to write. And what puts a halt to my writing is knowing that if I write, it will be about something that I don't want someone to see. Whether it is me being critical of an action, or just a commentary about an issue that people care about.
But n-e-ways, meghan said that i should write a blog about this thing on her finger, so that's what this was i guess.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love you Martin. Your blog posts are amazing.
ReplyDeleteAlso, if you ever have this conundrum about me, just talk to me, you know?
ReplyDeleteno, I disagree. Criticism/commentary is what makes discourse interesting. It gets dialogue happening. There are ways to do it so you're not straight-up offensive. I mean, you get passionate people everywhere, but ultimately, you can't please everyone.
ReplyDeleteI mean, do whatever you prefer, but I tend to feel that you're entitled to your opinion, just as others are entitled to theirs. I say voice it (but no pressure, just my view).
Furthermore, you're allowed to express your opinion, even at the risk of "offending" others. If you can form an argument, and defend your opinion, you've validated yourself.
also, stupid openid. I'm with Colin though, talk to the person, if it's something super personal.
ReplyDelete