Okay, so, here's the beef: I have had a floppy semester, ranging form doing homework and being on top of classes to really the complete opposite. But, there are only three weeks left. Three weeks. I have a lot of stuff to do, and so I kinda ran away from it all on thursday and I just kinda hid myself from school and was social(kinda). But I am going to be a food student the next three weeks. And I know I say that a lot, like every week if not every day, but this time i mean it. I need to to pass classes. And it won't be that hard with the right motivation, such as calling my parents, getting hugs, eating right and getting sleep. Today was wonderful. I got 8 hours of sleep and woke up at 8 and ate breakfast (3 bowls of captain crunch berries) and then went to class. Then I went grocery shopping and ate a sandwich and made an extra for later. Went to more class and then I worked on homework for 4.5 hours. Then I took a break and hung out with Lauren for a bit and went home. I was going to do work here, but windows, in the few weeks I've had it, was partially taken over by malware. Every time I opened a link from google it redirected me to spam. And it blocked common anti malware and spyware program's sites. Eventually safe mode let me down load combofix and that saved me. Anyways, I had a few hours of a break and it felt completely deserved. It was great.
And I've made a calendar for the week and it is all completely doable before the weekend when I'm going home for a concert. My parents will be visiting Jessica so I will miss them sadly, but they might take a trip up to Morris the next weekend. And that makes me extremely happy, I haven't seen them since spring break and I can feel it every time I talk to them. But even with planning everything out, I feel really good about this week. Like, really good. And if today was proof of my abilities, then the next few weeks should be a doable fo sho.
Hm, I have ten more minutes before it's 2 and I will goto sleep.
I went to a cloud cult concert on Thursday and it was amazing. I always knew of cloud cult and liked them for being local and making it big(ish), but I never really listened to their music. But after seeing them live, it's my main course right now. I just eat them up. Here's lyrics that played as I wrote that:
"I've had enough of hiding underneath my covers. I'm done with all that poop that brings me down, down, down. Don't bring me down, down, down.
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I will laugh my way through the hurricanes and fire. That's why you don't wanna bring me down. That's why you don't wanna bring me down."
That's pretty motivating, and I guess that's why I found it now. But anyways, back to the show (5 minutes to go). The opener was caroline smith and the goodnight sleeps, another good local band. Then cloud cult sets up their stuff, and oh do they have stuff. 5 members playing cello, viola, guitar/vocals, bass/keyboard, drums. Plus there are two people painting during the show. Like, they just start painting and they sell the art at the end of the show. Brilliant. They were such a great show overall, with such great stage presence, making you feel involved for sure. I'd recommend listening to feel good ghosts, as that is what I'm getting the most out of at the moment.
But I probably won't be posting too much, as has been the case. I'm sorry, but I'll try to keep up occasional posts, there will be one or two this weekend, as I will be home and end up in a coffee shop somewhere.
But alas, my time is up. Night everybody!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your last.fm widget tells me you've been listening to Burial as well. :)
ReplyDeleteYay motivated Martin! I promise I won't distract you too much this weekend.
A food student. I tried to figure out what that was for several seconds until I realized you meant good.
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you are doing well.
good luck!
ReplyDelete